Monday, September 21, 2015

Meeting the author

File under serendipity:
Tonight Diane and I were invited to join our friends and summer neighbors,
Bonnie Winter Wright and her husband Dick, for a get-together with famous,popular author, Julie Hyzy and her husband Curt. The Hyzy's daughter, and the Wright's son are soon to celebrate their nuptials in Chicago.
Julie and I have been Facebook friends for years, but this is the first time we've met in person.
Two highlights from the evening get together are worth sharing.
Firs...
t; when you meet an author and have in your possession, a book of hers that you've read and enjoyed, you want to get her to sign your copy. So, while at dinner, I asked her to do so. When she went to sign she looked over at me and said, "Bob, I've already signed this." Embarrassed? Yes I was. We didn't decided how this happened but I'm guessing she mailed a copy to me back at the time.
Second, the piece de resistance, during dinner, Julie's husband Curt, casually asked me, " when are you guys flying in for the wedding?" I replied, "we haven't been invited." It seems that Curt was the only one who didn't know. Embarrassed? Yes he was. What a joyful laugh we all enjoyed at his expense.
A great evening all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home