Tuesday, August 23, 2016

For me, nothing brings back memories better than music.
Listening to Elvis this morning I remember:
Riding my Schwin down Oak St.
I was 11,...
Listening to "Love me tender"
And thinking about my first real girl friend,
Judy Smith
From Hornell, NY.
Her family moved in to a new
4 site trailer park
Across the street from our place.
Her dad moved them here
While he worked on the
St. Lawrence Seaway.
I memorized "Love me tender, and
"You Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dog,"
And probably every subsequent Elvis song
Thereafter.
Judy returned, with her family, to Hornel
After a year;
Nearly broke my heart.
'Til I met Dort Kiah
At confirmation practice
In Notre Dame church
On Ford Ave.

Thanks Elvis,
For the memories!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Music does stir so many memories...happy and sad.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Churls said...

Music and smells trigger my memory. I love your poem!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home